photo

Image Shack

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Childbirth @ KKH

On 29May2012, I found out that I was pregnant......
After several months of discussion & preparations,
5months

6months
 Gerald & I got married on 30September2012 :)
 
2days after marriage                  vs                 10days before birth

25 Oct 2012 
Went to Amk Hub happily with my sil & mil to get shoes for bil's wedding the next day! Who knows, when everybody is excited bil's wedding, my babies can't wait to attend too. So, middle of the night, I was feeling constant severe abdominal pain & I still didn't know it was contraction till I struggled to the toilet and realised that I was having vaginal bleeding!
 
I lost my muscus plug 2-3weeks before labor! & I totally don't know what is it as I thought it was just normal vaginal discharge.
Mummies-to-be, please take note:
Loss of the mucous plug means that labor will most likely start within the next 2 to 3 weeks, sometimes sooner! If you are more than 36-37weeks, its fine. :) But if you are less than that, inform your Gynae asap! Don't be stupid stupid like me, thought that it was normal.
 
The plug may come out in a lump or as increased vaginal discharge over the course of several days. The mucus may be tinged with brown, pink, or red blood. Having sex or a vaginal exam can also disturb your mucus plug and cause you to see some blood-tinged discharge, even when labor isn't going to start in the next few days. Have been reminding my friend who was having twins as well, to not have sex around her 24weeks! Haha but luckily, she had them till full-term.
 
Admitted to KKH immediately cause the pain was unbearable! It came so strongly at one moment, then slowly died down. But after a few seconds, it came again. When I reached, was already dilated to 6cm. :( Cannot help alr... They gave me 2 shots of steroids to help my babies lungs develop more quickly. I'm only at my 28th week!
 
 26 Oct 2012 
Finally, the last few hours of labor, the pain was overwhelming. I feel like there's a big stone sitting on my pelvis! Must be Qi, cause doc said that Han has alr turned down! Doctors wanted to try to prolong my pregnancy for at least a week! Crazy! I can't imagine having this contraction for 7 days! In the end, they failed. I told them I couldn't take it anymore! Is as if like your shit is coming out but then don't allow you to push!!!
I WAS IN LABOR FOR MORE THAN 24HOURS!!!
Just because they wanted to try to prolong my pregnancy!

Before they pushed me into the operating room for my C-section, I don't know what the hell the nurse fed me, so sour!
(It is called Bicitra, to neutralize your stomach acids so that if you were to vomit during surgery and aspirate it into your lungs you would have less of a risk of pneumonia.) 
It made me shiver so hard that I couldn't even speak properly. Was pretty afraid of what is going to happen next.. :( Thank God, doctors and nurses from KKH were really kind, one of them even talked to me throughout the whole procedure! ♥ Everything lasted for less than hour, I'm glad that things went on smoothly afterwards.
 
Thank you KK Hospital's nurses & doctors for helping me to deliver my girls safely! Their service is very efficient & they really pay close attention to your recovery. Strongly encouraged all mummies, especially mummies-to-be with twins to deliver in KKH, as they really provide and answer to all your needs!
My first princess
 Second princess
    
My girls are premmies (premature babies). Look at their weight, and their height is less than 40cm.. I'll blog about premature babies in the next post, cause I feel that this post is too wordy. Hahahaha! Don't wanna make you yawn!
 
GOODNIGHT!!! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment